by Frank D. Young, PhD., C. Psych.
Learn to use the skills of meditative breathing to dissolve tension and build a mind state of powerful, dynamic serenity. The sounds and imagery of ocean waves provide the inspiration for deep abdominal breathing and focused states of meditation and imagery flow.
Use this digitally-mastered audiotape for:
* stress management
* controlling anxiety and activation level
* correcting hyperventilation and other dysfunctional breathing
* dealing with asthma by changing the breathing process
* dissolving abdominal tension
* settling gastric-intestinal disorders and discomfort
* centering attentional focus for sport
* deep and peaceful meditation.
This audiotape was developed by Dr. Frank Young, a clinical psychologist, hypnotherapist, and training consultant in stress management. This program has been proven effective in promoting stress management and wellness in clinical trials by individuals and groups in training workshops in several settings in the United States and Canada.
Side A of the tape prepares the user for wave-pattern breathing with exercises in the fundamentals of deep abdominal breathing. The object is to introduce the skills of directed breathing as a way to access the relaxed, centered, and focused state of awareness so vital in stress management and high performance situations.
On Side B of the tape the user is trained to integrate deep and rhythmic abdominal breathing and imagery flow to dissolve tension. The meditation begins with the image of a sand castle of tension in the abdominal area gradually being dissolved by the tide of waves of deep breathing washing over it. After the sand-castle of tension is resolved and washed away, the sound and imagery of ocean waves soothes the listener and restores a state of wellness and tranquility.
Light and Sound Devices
Although excellent as a stand-alone product, this tape is custom-designed for direct use with the Voyager XLTM light and sound device produced by Theta Technologies Inc. Connect your tape player to this mind machine, press Relax A-5, play Side B, and as soon as you hear the sound of the surf, start the program. For even deeper relaxation, use Change A-5, or to induce deep sleep, use Learn A-5. In all of these sessions everything will run in synchrony.*
* This tape may also be used with other brands of light and sound devices, (such as the D.A.V.I.D. ParadiseTM systems produced by Comptronic Devices Ltd.). With these other devices, use a standard 20-minute alpha-to-deep-theta session as listed in the program manual for that device. While the session synchrony will not be as precise, the overall effect can be approximately similar.